Vegetable Hakka Noodles in 15 minutes.
VEGETABLE HAKKA NOODLES
Hakka Cuisine is the cooking style of Hakka people . Hakka Noodles is an Indian adaptation of of the same.
- Noodles 400 grams
- Salt to taste
- French beans 6-8
- Onion 1 medium
- Cabbage,finely shredded 1/4 small
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Carrot,cut into thin strips 1 medium
- White pepper powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Green capsicum,cut into thin strips 1 medium
- Bean sprouts 1/2 cup(optional)
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Heat 7 cups water in a deep non stick pan. Add salt and place a colander in it.
- Put the noodles in the colander(filter utensil) and allow them to cook.
- String beans, slit them lengthwise and then cut them diagonally or cut into diamonds.
- Slice onion and shred cabbage. You can use a slicer to shred the cabbage.
- When the noodles are done, lift the colander with the noodles and put into another pan with cold water.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick wok. Add onion, French beans, carrot and toss. Add cabbage and toss.
- Remove the colander with the noodles from cold water and add to the vegetables.
- Add 1 tbsp oil. Add salt, pepper powder, soy sauce and toss on high heat.
- Add capsicum, bean sprouts and vinegar and toss again.
- Serve hot.