Recipe: Til Ke Laddoo
Summary: Til laddoo are a traditional maharastrian sweet made with sesame seed, jaggery and ghee. Served on special ocassions and festivals.
- Roast the sesame seeds till they are light golden in color. Cool and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the jaggery.
- Simmer over a slow flame till it caramelises and forms a hard ball when you add a drop in cold water.
- Add the roasted til and peanuts and mix it thoroughly with the melted jaggery. You may need to put out the flame during this process.
- Grease your palms with a little ghee, divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape the til mixture
To make peanut ladoos substitute sesame seeds with unsalted, peeled and roasted peanuts and add ¼ teaspoon dry ginger powder at step 4.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12