Suji ka halawa is an indian dessert which is very famous for its unique taste. It is very easy to make as its not rocket science to make a halwa after all. Suji also known as semolina is very interesting ingredient as it is used in making many recipes.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Suji ka halwa is semolina and sugar syrup indian dessert which has the flavor of cardamom and garnished with almonds. Let us know if you try it.
Suji Ka halwa
- 1 cup suji
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 tsp powdered green cardamom(इलायची)
- 1 Tbsp blanched and shredded almonds – to garnish
- 1. In a deep, heavy based sauce pan, melt the ghee add the suji and stir fry over medium/low heat, depending on how often you stir it.
- 2. At the same time in another pan dissolve the sugar in the water over low heat and keep on simmer, till required.
- 3. It is convenient to do this in a pan with a long handle because when you pour the sugar solution into the suji mixture a lot of steam is created, which burns your hand.
- 4.When the suji is a light brown and gets a glossy look and does not stick together much (which means it is fried enough) add the sugar solution and the cardamom and bring to a boil, then simmer till the liquid is absorbed. At this stage you can stir off and on, not continuous.
- Serve hot, garnished with the almonds.