Benefits of Sugarcane
SugarCane Juice is available everywhere , do you thinks its unhealthy. Then, think twice and read below..
SugarCane is rich in potassium, iron and calcium.
- Fresh sugarcane juice contains about 15% natural sugar, so it’s lower in calories than refined sugar or simple syrup.
Cane juice is a good source of riboflavin.
It is a good source of calcium, magnesium etc.
- SugarCane juice is a high-energy drink that is natural, sweet and is a healthy alternative to refined sugar added drinks. It quickly replaces lost energy in the most arduous of circumstances. It is a flavorful drink on it’s own and also popular with a twist of lemon and can be mixed with any other juice to produce cocktails high in carbohydrate and vitamins.
- It is one of the best sources of energy. The sugar in cane juice provides the glucose, which is stored, as glycogen to be ‘burned’ by muscles when required. The body can store only a limited amounts of glycogen therefore the body needs a regular supply of carbohydrates.
- Sugarcane juice delivers a boost of carbohydrate energy to the working muscles. This helps to maximize sporting performance and endurance. Glucose is quickly absorbed and rapidly becomes available to the working muscles as a source of energy.
- Carbohydrate is the most efficient source of energy for any kind of physical activity. It is the body’s primary fuel for exercise and requires less oxygen to be burnt than either protein or fat. However it is the most scarce energy source in the body with stores being limited. Supplies are depleted by exercise leading to fatigue and a loss of competitive intensity if the amount of carbohydrate ingested is less than that burnt each day the “fuel tank” will be running on empty.
- Sugarcane juice is naturally formulated with carbohydrate, which provide rapid energy for the working muscles. Carbohydrate provides 4 kcal (17 kJ) of energy per gram.
- Carbohydrates have historically been the predominant source of energy in the diet. A balanced diet will provide a mixture of different starches and sugars. In recent years attention has been paid to the composition of the diet and its association with disease.
- Dietary recommendations, which aim to reduce the incidence of disease, have been made, particularly in the USA and UK. The recommendations aim to reduce the amount of fats consumed and increase the proportion of energy intake from carbohydrate sources to at least 50%.
We find many stalls that sell sugarcane juice. You might be amazed to know that the juicy extract of sugarcane sticks has many health benefits. As the harvest festival is upon us, sugarcane will be commonly found in each and every household. So, instead of throwing the cane sticks after the festival is over, you can grind them into juice and enjoy its numerous health benefits. Depending on the variety of the sugarcane plant and the soil, the benefits of the extracted juice can vary. However, sugarcane is a rich source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Take a look…
- Health benefits of sugarcane juice:
- Treats jaundice: Sugarcane juice is a natural medicine to cure jaundice. Jaundice is the yellow pigmentation in the skin and membranes that are caused by the presence of billirubin in the blood. Poor liver functioning and blocked bile ducts are the causes of jaundice. To speed recovery, have two glasses of fresh sugarcane juice with lime and salt.
- Infections: Several infections like dysuira, urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases and inflammation in the stomach (digestive tract) or heart can be cured with a glass of sugarcane juice. Kidney stones: This is one of the most effective health benefits of sugarcane juice.
- Kidney stones are commonly formed due to dehydration and constant drinking of water helps break down the stones in the kidneys. Drink lots of fluids and also have sugarcane juice as it breaks down the stones or dissolves them.
- Good for diabetics: Sugarcane is healthy for diabetics as it contains no simple sugar. It is a better alternative for raw sugar or artificial sweeteners. So, if you are on weight loss diet or diabetic, have sugarcane juice. The juice’s benefits by keeping the blood glucose levels balanced.
- Nutritional benefits: Sugarcane has a bank of vitamins and minerals that are good for the body. The juice of sugarcane is rich in phosphorous, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium to name a few. Studies have shown that sugarcane juice can help recover the loss of vitamins that happens due to febrile disorders like fever.
- Cold, flu and sore throat healer: If you think that juices can be harmful for a sore throat or cold then you are wrong. Sugarcane juice helps cure sore throat, cold and flu.
- Prevents cancer: Due to its alkaline nature, sugarcane juice prevents cancer, especially prostrate, colon, lung or breast cancer.
- Rehydration: Many people do not drink much water and suffer from dehydration. To retain water in the body, have sugarcane juice. Even during summers, you can cool off body heat by having a glass of sugarcane regularly.
- These are few health benefits of drinking sugarcane juice. Do you like sugarcane juice?