[book id=” /]
Recipe: Soya Cutlets
Summary: A very delicious and yet highly protein content cutlets. A healthy snack for whole family.
- Soya Chunks-1 cup
- Big onions-2 nos
- Ginger –an inch piece
- Garlic pods- 4 big or 7 small ones
- Curry leaves- a few
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp or
- finely chopped cilantro-a tbsp
- Chilly powder-1 tsp(more or less according to your spice level)
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Potato(medium)boiled-3 nos
- Salt- as needed Oil-2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs- 3/4 cup or
- as required *Egg-1 (optional)
- large Oil-for shallow frying
- Boil a pan of water(3 to 4 cups).Wash and soak soya.
- Turn off fire and close the pan with a lid for 20-30 minutes.
- Ensure the chunks are soaked well and absorbs water by stirring once in 10 minutes.
- Drain, squeeze out excess water and mince in a mixie.
- Chop ginger-garlic,onions, green chillies and curry leaves to fine pieces and sauté in that order in 2 tbsps of oil.
- When the colour turns to light brown, add salt, turmeric,coriander and chilly powders. Saute and mix well.
- Add the minced Soya chunks and sauté for a few minutes.At this stage the mix resembles scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water, cover and cook for 5 more minutes in minimum heat.
- Add the garam masala, pepper powder and chopped cilantro.Mix well.
- Add the boiled(potatoes-peeled and mashed), mix well and remove from fire.
- When cooled shape into cutlets, dip in beaten eggs, roll in bread crumbs and fry in oil until golden brown in medium fire.
- Serve hot with onion rings and tomato ketchup.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4