Sabudana Fruit Upma is a very delicious recipe which is very popular during fasts(vrat). It is very simple, delicious and healthy recipe
- 3-4 tbsp pineapple pieces, chopped(Ananaas)
- 1 cup apple, cored and chopped(Seb)
- 1 tbsp dried pomegranate seeds(Sookha anardana,)
- 2 cupsSago seeds (sabudana), soaked
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, (Sarson/rai)
- 1 tbsp red chillies,( laal mirch)
- ½ cup peanuts, roasted and ground.(Moongphali)
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts, roasted,( kaju)
- 2 tbsp raisins, (kishmish)
- 10-12 curry leaves, (kadi patte)
- 4 tbspClarrified butter (ghee) Salt to taste, (namak)
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds to garnish,( anar)
- In a blender add pineapple, anardana and apples and blend until a coarse mixture is achieved. (Use a little water if required.)
- Take a big bowl and add the soaked sago seeds(sabudana )and this fruit mix and mix them completely.
- Heat a pan and add ghee in it. Once the ghee is heated add mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds.
- Now, add the sabudana mixture into this pan and put the lid on the pan. cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Now add roasted cashews, raisins, peanuts and salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the sabudana fruit upma in a serving bowl and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve hot.(And if it get chilled then microwave it)
Kaju, badam and kishmish are optional.