Sabudana Ki Roti
Summary : Sabudana ki roti is a recipe for fasting or vrat. Sabudana recipes are often made for religious fasting days like navratri and other . Usually, you may make sabudana vada or sabudana khichdi during fasting.You can make these sabudana ki rotis instead of sabudana vada if you did not want any deep fried stuff. Sabudana ki roti is a light snack and ideal for people who are fasting.The way to make the mixture is same as sabudana vada. These are also called as sabudana thalipeeth in some area. You can make sabudana vadas or sabudana ki roti from the same mixture.
Prep time 8 mins Cook time 30 mins Total time 38 mins
- ⅔ cup sabudana
- 2 medium or large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ½ tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 4 tbsp peanuts, roasted and coarsely ground
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar or as required
- rock salt as required
- pick and rinse the sabudana well till the you get transparent water when rinsing.
- soak them overnight in enough water.
- the next day, drain them really well.
- make sure there is no moisture in them.
- add the mashed potatoed and all the ingredients to the soaked sabudana. mix well.
- heat a non stick frying pan.
- spread 1 or 2 tsp of oil on the pan.
- apply some oil on your palms.
- take some portion from the mixture and flatten it with your palms.
- you can also flatten on a ziplock bag.
- place the flattened round on the frying pan.
- fry till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- if you have a large pan, you can cook 2-3 thalipeeths at the same time.
- serve sabudana thalipeeth with a phalahari chutney or raita.