PANEER TIKKA (Home Style)
Summary: Complemented by fresh spinach and ginger, these little panee tikka cubes are the the perfect veggie party snack. Serve with a mint yoghurt dip to keep it fresh.
- Cottage cheese (paneer) 500 grams
- Oil for shallow frying 2 tbsp
- Chilies, finely chopped 2 green
- Yellow bell pepper, finely chopped 1/4 small
- Red bell pepper, finely chopped 1/4 small
- Green capsicum, finely chopped 1/4 small
- Red chilli powder + for sprinkling 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala 1 1/2 tsp
- Juice of lemon 1/2 lemon
- Bhuna masala 30 grams
- Grated cheese for garnishing
1. Cut cottage cheese into 2 inch thick cubes. Scoop out a little cottage cheese and make small pockets in the cubes. Crumble the scooped cottage cheese and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add green chillies and sauté for half a minute.
3. Add yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, green capsicum and mix well.
4. Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, tirmeric powder, garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add lemon juice and mix well. Add the crushed paneer, bhuna masala and mix well. Transfer the filling in a bowl.
6. Heat oil in a non stick pan.
7. Stuff the cottage cheese pockets with the filling and place in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Sprinkle remaining red chilli powder, remaining chaat masala and little salt on the canapés. Cook turning sides till evenly golden.
9. Transfer onto a serving plate. Garnish with grated cheese and serve.