Recipe: Mushroom Open Sandwich
Summary: For all the mushroom lovers, this mushroom sandwich is quick to make and best eaten for snacks. Do not sauté the mushrooms too long to avoid them from turning soggy. Highly recommend to pack this sandwich in foil, refrigerate and have as a 4 pm healthy evening snack…
- For The Stuffing
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili garlic (lehsun) sauce
- 1/4 cup tomatoes , cut into cubes
- salt to taste
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
For the stuffing
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan; add the mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are dry, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli garlic sauce and salt and cook on a medium flame for more 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Keep refrigerated for atleast an hour.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside
How to proceed
- Just before serving, apply ¼ cup of filling on each bread slice.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4