Summary : The earliest visitors to India called it the land of milk and honey. An Eid specialty, vermicelli(Meethi Sewaiyaan) cooked in milk with almonds and pistachios. Marut Sikka uses khoya as a special ingredient to enhance the flavors.
- 1/2 cup pistas
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 packet vermicelli
- Desi ghee to cook vermicelli
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar syrup
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron
- A handful of khoya
- Blanch the almonds and pistas in water.
- Boil them for not more than 30 to 45 seconds
- Blanching not only makes them soft but also makes it easy to peel off their skins.
- While the pistas are blanching, peel the almonds.
- Once the skin of the dry fruits starts wrinkling that when you take them out.
- Now slice them.
- Once this is done cook the vermicelli in desi ghee.
- Once it gets a lovely brownish hue, take it out.
- Put it in a strainer so that all the excess oil come out.
- Now empty the kadhai of all the oil and add milk to it.
- Once the milk comes to a boil add the sugar syrup to it.
- Now add the sewai and stir gently. Br careful not to break it.
- The milk will start to soften it and cook it.
- Add the saffron and cardamom powder.
- Now add the almods and pistachios to it ans stir well.
- Now add the final ingredient that is khoya. Grate a small piece into the kadhai and mix well.
- Once the milk is well absorbed, dry roast for a couple of minutes.