Kaju burfi is made with cashew nuts(kaju) . It i also famous a Kaju Katli. Kaju barfi is one pf the expensive sweets when compared to other barfis. Here is a simple Kaju Barfi(Kaju Katli) recipe which anyone can make at their own.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp milk(any)
- 1 kg Cashew nuts, ground fine(beaten)
- 3 tsp ghee
- Put water and sugar into a bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes.Stir twice.
- The mixture should come to boil and you should get a really thick syrup.
- Just before it begins to caramelize, pour in milk. Stir.
- Mix in cashew powder and ghee. Put this back,and microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes or until the mixture thickens and the fat separates.
- Keep stirring during cooking. Lightly grease 1/2” high trays(microwave safe) and press the barfi mixture onto it.
- When cool, cut into diamonds or squares. Remove from tray.
- Store in an airtight container. It’s easy isn’t it. Share your experiences with us.