Recipe: Green Roti
Summary: Green roti is a chapati made from green coriander leaves and green chillies. These are so delicious that you will eat it alone.
- 1. Mix together coriander leaves, green chillies, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, wheat flour and salt in aplate. Add enough water and knead into a dough.
- 2. Apply a little ghee to the dough, cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- 3. Heat a non sticktava. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls. Roll each of them in dry flour and roll out into a roti.
- 4. Place the roti on the hot tava and cook. Flip over, drizzle a little ghee.
- 5. Flip again and drizzle some more ghee and cook, turning sides till both sides are evenly cooked and golden.
- 6. Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2