Sabudana Khichdi is a very famous recipe when it comes to taste during fasting.
So, here is the recipe by Chef Lokesh.
•Sago (sabudana) 1 1/2 cups
•Peanuts 1/4 cup
•Green chillies 4-5
•Potato 1 medium
•Ghee 3 tablespoons
•Curry leaves 1 sprig
•Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
•Salt to taste
•Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
•Fresh coconut scraped 2 tablespoons
•Fresh coriander leaves a few sprigs
- Wash sabudana two to three times and then soak in one-cup water for three to four hours.
- Sabudana grains should be separate and moist.
- Roast peanuts on a hot griddle, peel off the skin and then grind coarsely.
- Wash green chillies, remove stem and then chop finely.
- Peel and wash the potato and cut into half cm. cubes. Wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and chopped green chillies. When cumin seeds crackle add the potato cubes.
- Cook till the potatoes are done. Add sabudana, scraped coconut and ground peanuts, sauté for four to five minutes, stirring well.
- Sprinkle a little water, add salt and lime juice.Mix well.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot