Many vegetarians and vegans often miss out on cakes because they are made with eggs. Here is a wonderfully simple recipe for an eggless cake. You won’t even miss the eggs!
- 1/2 tin (200 grams) condensed milk
- 140 gms self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 60 ml melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sieve(filter) the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbonate together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence and 75 ml. (2 1/2 fl. Oz. ) water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6″) diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the tempreture to 150 degree c (300 degree f) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch. When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the cake