Pieces of bread soaked in tangy yoghurt and sautéed with browned onions. A lip smacking breakfast recipe. It’s best to use a “day” old bread for this recipe.
- 5 bread slices, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup curds (dahi)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)(you can use powder if you don’t want to use oil )
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 to 4 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil(this truly depends upon you)
- salt to taste
For the garnish:
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbs Bhujiya
Method of Cooking:
- In a bowl, combine the curds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with 2 tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Add the cubes of bread and mix well till the bread is coated with the curd mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onion slices and sauté till they are lightly browned.
- Add the bread mixture and sauté over low heat, stirring occasionally till the bread browns lightly.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander and Bhujiya.
Eat Healthy Live Healthy.