Cinnamon Muffins are a cultured milk-product which is slightly thick with cream-like consistency.
Recipe: Cinnamon Muffins
Summary: Cinnamon Buttermilk Muffins are a cultured milk-product which is slightly thick with cream-like consistency.
- Unsalted butter (at room temperature) :- 7 tbsp
- Egg :- 1 Sugar :- 2/3 Cup (you can also use milk instead if u do not want egg in your recipe)
- All purpose flour :- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup
- Baking soda :- 1/2 tsp Baking powder :- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt :- 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg (freshly grated) :- 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk :- 1/2 Cup
- Pure vanilla extract :- 1 to 1 1/2
- Ingredients For Topping
- Sugar :- 1/3 Cup
- Cinnamon :- 1 tsp
- Butter (melted) :- 4 tbsp
- Preheat the microwave to 350°F and greasethe muffin cups.
- Beat butterand sugar together till fluffy.
- Add egg/milk and beat continuously till combined well.
- Mix the baking soda, flour, nutmeg, salt and baking powder in a vessel. Alternately add the dry ingredients with the buttermilk and vanilla. Stir till mixed.
- Now fill greased cups 3/4 full and heat till light brown and a toothpick embedded in the center comes out clean.
- Place muffin pan on wire rack and let it cool for few minutes. Now remove muffins from a pan. Cool them.
- In a bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar and take melted butter into another vessel.
- Hold the muffin base and dip into melted butter; twist to coat top of muffin equally.
- In cinnamon-sugar mixture, dip muffins immediately and coat muffin top uniformly. Then tap prepared muffin to remove excessive sugar.
- Repeat the procedure with remaining muffins and allow them to cool. Cinnamon buttermilk muffins are ready to serve.
Quick notesThese cake like muffins are made from a batter similar to that used for preparing doughnuts, but they are baked instead of fried.
NUTRITIONTotal fat :- 17.5 gm Saturated fat :- 10.8 gm Calories :- 356.2 Cholesterol :- 65.3 mg Sodium :- 284.9 mg Total carbohydrates :- 47.2 gm Sugars :- 30.4 gm Dietary fiber :- 1.0 gm Protein :- 3.5 gm
- Large bowl
- Oven Muffin cups
- Wire rack
- Shallow bowl/custard cups
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15-30
Number of servings (yield): 4