Just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
Blood Sugar Regulation
Cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.
Everyone knows an apple a day keeps a doctor away. But do you know this:
The pectin in apples lowers LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. People who eat two apples per day may lower their cholesterol by as much as 16 percent.
Breast Cancer Prevention
A Cornell University study found that rats who ate one apple per day reduced their risk of breast cancer by 17 percent. Rats fed three apples per day reduced their risk by 39 percent and those fed six apples per day reduced their risk by 44 percent.
Low in Fat and Cholesterol
In a nation beset by an epidemic of obesity, soy milk is a healthy alternative to cow’s milk that has the added advantage of being lower in calories, fat and cholesterol.
Now, here it is:
- 3 apples,chopped
- 1 cup chilled soya milk
- 2 cups chilled low fat milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon(dalchini)powder
- sugar substitute to taste(You can also use normal sugar)
- ice cubes(to serve)
- Blend the apple and sugar in a blender to a smooth purée using a little milk.
- Add the cinnamon powder, soya milk and milk and blend again.
- Pour into individual glasses.
- Top with ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.Now, this smoothie is ready for You. Someday I want to make this for you Yaaron(friends) .