Recipe: Bread wala Upma
Summary: Sandwiches somehow lack the desi feel, whatever you put in between! change the menu to bread upma instead, and mom’s touch comes alive. With simple ingredients and a quick microwave procedure, this is a 100 per cent hassle-free snack. Don’t dip the bread for a long time, as it will lose its texture.
- 8 to 10 bread slices
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- Dip the bread slices one by one in a little water and squeeze out the excess water immediately. Crumble it lightly and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and curry leaves, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and ginger, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared crumbled bread pieces, tomato ketchup, lemon juice, sugar, coriander and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4