Recipe: Bread Ka Upma
In this Bread ka Upma small pieces of bread cooked in oil and spices taste well as a snack. A good taste to fell in love.
- •Bread slices 12
- •Ginger 1 inch piece
- •Oil 3 tablespoons
- •Onion 1 measures
- •Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- •Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- •Green chilli 2
- •Tomato 2 measures
- •Potato,boiled 2 medium
- •Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- •Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- •Salt to taste
- •Spring onion 2-3
- •Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Chop ginger finely. Heat oil in a non-stick wok.
- Chop the onions finely. When the oil is hot add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add ginger and onions and sauté till soft. Chop green chillies finely, add and sauté well. Chop tomatoes and potatoes into big pieces. Add potatoes to the pan and mix well. Add tomatoes and mix well. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Add ¼ cup water and mix well and cook for a while. Meanwhile trim the edges of the bread slices and cut them into small cubes. When tomatoes soften slightly, add bread and mix well.
- Reduce heat. Chop spring onion greens and add and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 5-10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10-15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4