- 1½ liters Water
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tbsp Watermelon Seeds, peeled
- 1/2 tbsp Khus-khus (poppy seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp Saunf (aniseed)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder (or 15 whole pods)
- 1/2 tsp Rose Water (optional)
- 1 tsp Peppercorns, whole
- 1/4 cup Rose Petals, dried or fresh (gulkand variety)
- Soak sugar in 1/2 liter of the water used.
- Wash clean all other dry ingredients.
- Soak in 2 cups of remaining water.
- Allow all soaked items to stand for at least 2 hours.
- Grind all soaked ingredients to a very fine paste.
- Mix remaining water to the paste.
- Place a strong muslin strainer over a large deep vessel and press through muslin with back of hands to extract the liquid into the vessel.
- Add milk, sugar and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
- Chill for a hour or two before serving.
Tagged: bhaang recipe