Recipe: Badam Ka Doodh
Badam ka doodh is a delicious combination of almonds and milk. it palso have the unique flavor of saffron(kesar).
Badam ka doodh (Almonds Milk) can be taken in Summer(serve chilled) and also in Winters(serve Hot).
Almonds Milk(बादाम दूध)
- Almonds as much you want to add
- Milk 5 Cups
- A generous pinch of saffron
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- A pinch nutmeg(जायफल) powder
- Sugar 8 tablespoons
Rich almond flavored milk
- Soak the almonds in 2 cups of boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and peel them. Slice 15 of them. Place the remaining in a blender jar an grind to a paste.
- Place a non stick deep pan over high heat and pour in the milk. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium, add almond paste and simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add saffron, green cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix. Add sugar and mix till sugar dissolves.
- Remove from stove top and pour into individual glasses. Garnish with the sliced almonds and serve hot.
- Keep in refrigerator if you want to serve it Chilled.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30-40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4