Recipe: Ajwain Ki Roti
Summary: Ajwain ki roti is simple whole wheat roti spiked up with the delicate flavours of ajwain(carom seeds). Serve them with a simple vegetable dish and some pickle to make a satisfying working lunch and almost at anytime.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead to a soft dough. Keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a round of 100 mm. (4″) diameter.
- Roast the roti on either side, using a little ghee, on a hot tava, till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4